A know-how that combines tradition and modernity
It was in 1905, during the “Belle Époque”, that our ancestor Maurice Lepitre, a talented young winegrower, founded his own Champagne House. In the heart of the Champagne vineyards, he was one of the pioneers who knew how to elaborate this marvellous nectar, a symbol of happiness and bliss…
Marne harvests were bad at the end of the nineteeth century, in particular because of phylloxera, frost and storms that destroyed the vines.
Wine merchants preferred to source their grapes from outside the Marne, leaving the Marne winegrowers on the side-lines.
It is in this context that in 1905, Maurice Lepitre, a simple winegrower
had the merit of founding his own Champagne house.
His House was one of the few to have been created
well before the revolt of the winegrowers in 1911 and
remains one of the oldest houses in the village with
half-timberings still intact today, witnesses of that period.
Unfortunately, Maurice lost his life in the aftermath of the First World War and his wife Hélène took over the estate on her own.
Hélène and Maurice had several children, including Marguerite.